Saturday, March 28, 2009

Pasadena Marathon Report 09

The Pasadena Marathon was rescheduled from it's original race date in November 2008 to last Sunday March 22, 2009. To be honest I wasn't all that excited about running this race, lets say I had a sour taste in my mouth about the race organisers not rolling over the entrants from the canceled race to the rescheduled date. They had a lame excuse about forgetting to purchase cancellation insurance, and that the previous entrants to run the race needed to re-register at the price of $50.oo. Remember we had already paid $90.00 originally. NO MARATHON is worth $140 big ones!!!

Nonetheless Tanya and I showed up. We had stopped by to see Pamela the night before at the Expo where she was displaying her AWESOME running art. It was great seeing her again and spending a few moments talking. Good peeps!

We decided to run the race with our client and friend Rose.
The rain came down in buckets for the first hour or so, I think we three really enjoyed that part. We don't get much rain here in So Cal, so instead of complaining like so many others who live here we embraced God's gift and danced in the puddles.
Over all I had a fun and relaxing run, the course was OK nothing spectacular. But running with my wife and friends it doesn't get much better.

MJ

3 comments:

Pamela Ann said...

I dont know how I missed this
report. I was just on your sight the other day. I dont recall reading this ...
Well, I dont blame you for not
registering again. Think you
will do again next year?

Pamela Ann said...

I was so nice seeing you both too.
Thanks for the tasty grub.

DawnB said...

I can't believe the race organizers did that. I'm gald you got some enjoyment out of it and it wasn't a total waste. so we should ask about cancellation insuarance now